The objects of the Glenreagh Mountain Railway Incorporated are as follows:
1. The establishment and ongoing running of an operating historical railway museum on the Glenreagh to Ulong section of the Glenreagh to Dorrigo branch line for the cultural benefit and enjoyment of the general public.
2. The operation of a non profit tourist railway from Glenreagh to Ulong, staffed predominantely by volunteer members, in association with local community groups, other interested persons and the employment of some local people.
3. The restoration and maintenance of historical steam and diesel locomotives, rail motors, goods and passenger rolling stock, and other railway equipment for use on historical tourist train services on the Glenreagh to Ulong section of the railway line,(and on the main line railway system of New South Wales from time to time).
4. The restoration and maintenance of the Glenreagh to Ulong section of the railway line and associated historical infrastructure, so as to allow the operation of historical tourist train services on the line.
5. The continued operation of an appropriate static museum display of railway equipment and memorabilia, with particular emphasis on the railways of the North Coast of New South Wales, for the cultural education and enjoyment of the general public.
6. The co-operation with kindred railway museum societies and other historical tourist attractions for joint venture undertakings on the Glenreagh to Ulong section of the branch line.
7. The promotion and active undertaking of historical railway research in co-operation with kindred railway and other historical societies and community organisations.
8 The undertaking of any other activity seen as necessary to aid the achievement of these objects.
If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us and we would like to hear from you.
Glenreagh Mountain Railway Incorporated. ABN 88 246 630 101
A non-profit community based Association run entirely by volunteers with the goal of restoring the line and rollingstock and operating a heritage steam tourist railway on the GMR owned section of the Glenreagh-Dorrigo line
Glenreagh Mountain Railway Inc (GMR) has an Authority to Fundraise under the NSW Charitable Fundraising Act 1991 Donations of $2 or more to Glenreagh Mountain Railway Inc. are tax deductible